Following the success of the first ‘Gaelic Games Team Fit’ course last year, Ulster GAA and St Mary’s University College Belfast are now accepting applications for the 2010/2011 course.
The course is part time and will take place on Wednesday evenings from 6-9pm starting on 13th October 2010. The course will run for 9 weeks. Successful candidates will also be asked to deliver two presentations between Feb 2011 and May 2011.
The programme aims to develop:
• an awareness of the essential components of preparation for Gaelic Football and Hurling teams
• an understanding of the underlying science and theory of sport science
• an understanding and knowledge of the application of sport science and technology to Gaelic Teams
a range of theoretical and practical skills; so that students:
1. are prepared for working with Gaelic teams of minor aged level and above
2. are well-equipped for a range tasks within the Gaelic Football/Hurling team environment,
3. can contribute effectively to the preparation and performance of Gaelic Teams
4. can achieve personal fulfilment in this area of study
Places on the course are once again limited, so people should apply early.
The Course fee is £300, and the application form as well as other relevant information is available to download below.