Ulster GAA in conjunction with National Hurling Development Manager Martin Fogarty, ran a Provincial Hurling Coaching Workshop in the Tyrone GAA Centre, Garvaghey on Saturday 22nd July.
Officially opened by Comhairle Uladh Vice Chairperson Oliver Galligan, over 150 Coaches from across all nine Ulster counties were in attendance. Throughout the course of the day, five coaching sessions were delivered to 40 players by former Kilkenny hurling greats, including –
- Hurling Wall Ball Session – Martin Fogarty
- The Basics of Defending – Tommy Walsh & Brian Hogan (Kilkenny)
- Fitness with the Ball – Jackie Tyrell (Kilkenny)
- Attacking & Striking – Michael Rice (Kilkenny)
- Goalkeeping & Goalkeeping plays – DJ Carey (Kilkenny)
Coaches & players at the workshop got the opportunity to have a Q & A session with the guests and all attendees had very positive feedback at the end of what was an interesting and insightful day.