Ulster GAA has recently launched a new online initiative aimed at improving player performance on both the field of play and other areas of life.
Performance and Lifestyle (PALs) is a player focused programme aimed at providing Performance, Lifestyle and Welfare information in the form of tools and resources to players, parents and coaches across the province.
It is anticipated that the programme will have a direct and positive effect on the performance levels of young and developing players.
The microsite contains information on the following topics:
- Pillars of Performance: profiling strengths and weaknesses against key performance factors
- Goal setting: devising a plan to assist in fulfilling game ambitions
- Concentration: getting the correct focus to perform in games
- Nutrition and Hydration: eating properly around training and matches
- Match Preparation and Recovery: recharging your performance battery
- Time Management: maximising time on activities that develop your game
- Sleep Hygiene: getting adequate sleep to perform
- Anti-doping: guidelines on player drug testing
- Concussion awareness: guidance and resources for impact related injuries
The PALs material is hosted on a microsite accessible through the Ulster GAA website ulster.gaa.ie/pals
Ulster GAA would like to express gratitude to Sport NI and national GAA for assistance in developing the material.
For more information, contact Ryan Mellon – email@example.com