Second & Third Level Academies
Ulster GAA, County Boards and Further Education Colleges have joined forces to develop and enhance the opportunities for potential elite performers in all Gaelic games.
GAA Academies will combine full time education with a training package, which allows students to play the sport they love to an excellent standard, whilst gaining academic or vocational qualifications.
The programme embraces the development of sporting, leadership, personal and social skills which prepare students for a possible future in playing/coaching Gaelic games
We want to….
- Offer students in FE the same opportunities as students in schools and higher education;
- Build a strong working relationship between F.E. Colleges and County Boards;
- Develop and enhance opportunities for potential elite players
- Combine full-time education with a training package;
- Prevent possible ‘drop-out’, from Gaelic games;
- Provide coach education, through workshops, and GAA coaching awards.
Some of the sessions on offer include:
- Personal analysis, goal setting and life style issues;
- Fitness testing, functional screening, core stability, Strength & conditioning and speed development;
- Field sessions on skills and team play; and
- One to one feedback and review on progress of players.
For more information on our Third Level Academy Programme contact Gary Mallon email@example.com