Hosting of players and mentors guidelines for Féile 2017
- Hosting arrangements are required for a panel of 24 players and 4 mentors. The host club will offer accommodation, if available, to the four visiting mentors.
- Players must be accommodated in host family homes.
- Accommodation must be in groups of two/three. It is unacceptable for children to be singly hosted. Preference is for hosting in groups of two.
- Children must be accommodated in single gender bedrooms and separate beds.
- Adults must not share a room with a young person.
- Great care shall be taken by the Club in the selection of homes for the Féile weekend.
- It is permitted to host any players in a home that does not have children of that household staying during the hosting period but preference if possible should be given to hosting with the family of a Féile player. A preference for child/children of the general Féile age profile shall be sought and shall be considered in the allocation of host families.
- It is permissible for households of a single parent to host subject to all of the above criteria.
- Host families must be Vetted through Ulster GAA. This involves the satisfactory vetting of all persons in the host family and household who are, or shall be over the age of 18 yrs, during the hosting period. All Vetting forms must be received no later than April 1st 2017.
- The vetting acceptance letter that an applicant host may receive for Féile solely applies to their hosting role for Féile 2017 and does not apply to any other role in the Association.
- No special dietary requests shall be entertained for hosted children except in the case of medical or specific dietary needs. e.g. Coeliac, Vegetarian, Vegan or due to medical care, etc
- A list of names, addresses and phone numbers of the host family homes shall be made available to the visiting team(s), for allocation to the parents/guardians of the hosted child, at least one week in advance of Féile na nGael.
- Visiting club must provide a list of the names, addresses and contact telephone numbers of the parents/guardians of the visiting children and the mobile phone numbers of all visiting mentors.
- Hosting families must be made aware of the weekend timetable – when visitors will be arriving, times of matches, times of social outings, collection points/pick- up points, packed lunch/meal requirements, medical or dietary needs of players they are hosting etc.
For further information on vetting please contact Bernie Fox 028(048) 37521903 / Bernie.firstname.lastname@example.org