Ulster GAA President Martin McAviney will host the annual Ulster GAA President’s Awards on Friday 29th November in the Hillgrove Hotel, Monaghan. The focus of this year’s awards will be on Club Coaching and Games Development, and Ulster GAA are keen to recognise clubs with good coaching structures, quality well qualified coaches and programmes delivering the right content to the right age group.
Clubs who believe that the quality of their coaching and games program is such that it merits an award are asked to fill in the application form attached below and return to their County Committee by Friday 4th October.
There will be a number of cash prizes on offer for outstanding applicants, including:
– County Award €1,000
– Provincial Award €5,000
– Special Recognition or Runner up €3,000
The process for the 2013 Ulster GAA President’s Club Coaching & Games Development Awards is as follows:
- Club nominations to be submitted to their County Committee by Friday 4th October.
- County Committee short list three clubs based on the applications and personal knowledge of the club and forward 3 nomination forms for consideration to Ulster GAA by Friday 4th October.
- Ulster GAA committee chaired by the President to include the Chairman of Coaching and Games Development, Hurling Development Manager, Provincial Games Manager, Coaching Development Manager and the Director of Coaching and Games Development will meet on the 7th October to consider the 27 nominations for County and Provincial Awards.
- The Provincial panel will select one Club from each county (County Award €1,000) and an overall winner (Provincial Award €5,000) and a ( Special Recognition or Runner up €3,000) that will be recommended to the 15th October meeting of Coiste Bannisti.
- This process incorporates the local knowledge of you the County Officials who are close to the work of each club throughout the year in this area of Coaching and Games Development.
- Ulster GAA will notify the successful club of their County Award following the October meeting and an invitation will be extended to member of the club to attend the President’s Award on 29th November to represent their club and county.