The #GAAyouth Forum will be held on Saturday 24th October in Croke Park (10.30am–4.30pm). The Forum is open to male and female club players in two age groups: 12–16 and 17–21.
#GAAyouth is an initiative run by the GAA Youth Committee in order to listen to, respect and engage with the views of young people in the GAA. In 2014 a Consultation Day was held with over 100 young members who told the Committee about the topics they want to discuss and influence in the GAA – among the key issues were Coaching, Fixtures & Training schedules, Gender Equality and Player Welfare.
As a direct outcome of the Consultation Day, the theme for the 2015 #GAAyouth Forum is ‘Your Voice, Your Lifestyle, Your GAA’ and the focus of the day will be on:
- Healthy Lifestyle – the do’s and don’ts
- Practical tips to improve your Game – debunking the myths around Strength & Conditioning
Delegates attending the Forum will be provided with an opportunity to:
- Keep ‘Lifestyle Diary’
- Learn how to improve their game through proper Food & Nutrition
- Improve their knowledge of S&C in the Croke Park Warm-Up Rooms
- Discuss how young people can influence changes in relation to Player Welfare in the GAA
To register or for more information view www.gaa.ie/youthzone