Ulster GAA have today launched the ‘HERO Programme’ for clubs, as part of their GAA for All inclusion initiative.
The project will offer clubs the chance to nominate someone with a learning or physical disability to become a ‘HERO’ through participation in their local club or community in a variety of ways.
Club HERO Programme – Suggested Activities
- Assist with team training
- Distribute and collect equipment
- Help with statistics/attendance
- Vocally support your team at matches
- Motivate the team at training
- Make banners/flags
- Helping umpire at underage games
- Line/Ball person
- Keep the score
- Support club activities
- Help with lotto/fundraisers
- Assist on committees
Participants will receive an Ulster GAA HERO merchandise pack, certificate and each individual’s profile will appear on the Ulster GAA website.