Ulster GAA launch ‘GAA for All Club HERO Programme’
Ulster GAA have today launched the ‘HERO Programme’ for clubs, as part of their GAA for All inclusion initiative.
The project will offer clubs the chance to nominate someone with a learning or physical disability to become a ‘HERO’ through participation in their local club or community in a variety of ways.
Club HERO Programme – Suggested Activities
- Assist with team training
- Distribute and collect equipment
- Help with statistics/attendance
- Vocally support your team at matches
- Motivate the team at training
- Make banners/flags
- Helping umpire at underage games
- Line/Ball person
- Keep the score
- Support club activities
- Help with lotto/fundraisers
- Assist on committees
Participants will receive an Ulster GAA HERO merchandise pack, certificate and each individual’s profile will appear on the Ulster GAA website.
For further information on the initiative and how to get your Club involved, please contact Paul Callaghan via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://ulster.gaa.ie/hero/