Ulster GAA will be hosting a pair of Hurling Roadshows in the weeks and months ahead.
Top hurling coaches and managers will be discussing and delivering practical sessions, and providing knowledge and tips which coaches can take away with them.
- Sat 1st April in St Mary’s CBS, Belfast
- Sat 10th June in Garvaghey GAA Centre, Tyrone
Both Roadshow events will run from 10am – 2pm. Coaches must pre-register via Eventbrite. Cost £15 per coach.
There is an ‘Early Bird Offer’ of £12 for first 25 coaches to register, as well as a ‘5 Coaches for 4’ club offer.
Coaches will provided with light lunch of soup & sandwiches.
Both Roadshow events will consist of three sessions. More presenters are to be confirmed and released closer to each date.
Developing Goalkeepers (both dates: Graham Clarke (Down)
- Focused goalkeeping training
- How to integrate into your sessions
- Work with defenders & teammates
- Communication & Organisation
- The Hurling Manager
The Hurling Manager (Sat 1st April: Gregory O’Kane (Dunloy Manager) (Sat 10th June: Michael McShane (Slaughtneil & Tyrone Hurling Manager)
- Planning & reviewing
- Compare and contrast club & county
- Dealing with dual players
- Managing different players
- How to enjoy the game and get players coming back to training
- Running a coaching Session
Running a Coaching Session (Sat 1st April: Barry Mullane (Tipperary GAA) (Sat 10th June: TBC)
- Warm up
- Basics – first touch
- Defending & attacking