Translink Ulster GAA Coach of the Year
Tell us who you think deserves to win!
The Translink Ulster GAA Coach of the Year is an award which celebrates the incredible work carried out by volunteer coaches within Ulster GAA.
Following a call for nominations, a huge number of submissions were received from clubs across the province. The standard was exceptionally high and reinforced the incredible standard of coaching and level of commitment which is on display on training fields across Ulster.
Our panel of judges including Down Manager Conor Laverty and Irish News Sports Correspondent, Neil Loughran, had the difficult task of selecting a shortlist. After much deliberation, they have chosen one worthy finalist from each county in the province. With nine finalists up for the award, selecting an overall winner is no easy task – which is why we need your help!
The winning coach will be declared Translink Ulster GAA Coach of the Year. They will WIN specially commissioned commemorative training gear for themselves and 10 FREE coach trips for their team over the next 12 months (subject to T&Cs).
Vote for your Coach of the Year now!
Voting closes at 11.59pm Friday 8th March. The winner will be announced by Wednesday 13th March.
Meet the Nominees
Orla le Mahieu
Belturbet Rory O’Moore’s
Slaughtmanus St Mary’s
Greg Doherty & Odie McBride
Carrickmacross Emmet’s Rounders
Kildress Wolfe Tones
Terms and Conditions
- Nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a volunteer coach who lives out the volunteer ethos of the GAA
- Must be actively involved in coaching at least one team from any code, at any level, within their local GAA club
- Nominees also be willing and available to participate in PR photographs and other media profiling opportunities as requested by Translink
- The nominating period will open on 5th February 2024 and will be accessible through ulster.gaa.ie. Each nominator will provide a full name and explanation (max: 250 words) explaining why this person should win.
- Nominations must be submitted by 11.59pm Sunday 18th February 2024. Nominations after this time will not be included.
- Following the nomination deadline, an independent panel will then select the most deserving nominees to be on the shortlist.
- Once the shortlist has been announced, the voting phase will begin and the public will have the chance to vote for overall Coach of the Year
- Voting for the overall winner will open on Friday 23rd February 2024 and close at 11.59pm Friday 8th March. Votes after this time will not be counted.
- Only votes submitted via ulster.gaa.ie will be counted.
- To nominate your Coach of the Year, visit ulster.gaa.ie. Once the shortlist has been announced, return to ulster.gaa.ie to vote for your winner.
- Employees of Ulster GAA or Translink will not be eligible for nomination
- The overall winner will be announced by Wednesday 13th March 2024.
- Translink will offer the winning coach bus travel to a maximum of 10 away games for the team they coach. This must be redeemed within 12 months of winning the prize. One bus will be provided per game, which must be held in a ground within the province of Ulster. Travel outside the province cannot be accommodated. Translink must be provided with at least three weeks’ notice for each individual booking.