Translink Ulster GAA Coach of the Year
Tell us who you think deserves to win!
The Translink Ulster GAA Coach of the Year is an award which celebrates the incredible work carried out by volunteer coaches within Ulster GAA.
Following the phenomenal success of the initiative in previous years, we’re once again calling on clubs, players, parents, teachers and teams to nominate coaches who are most deserving of the award.
Whether it’s an under-age manager who, come rain, hail or shine, always goes the extra mile to make sport fun for the stars of the future, or a senior trainer who inspires everyone in the club with their passion and commitment, we want to hear about them!
The winning coach will be declared Translink Ulster GAA Coach of the Year. They will WIN specially commissioned commemorative training gear for themselves and 10 FREE coach trips for their team over the next 12 months (subject to T&Cs).
Nominations are now closed!
A panel of experts will now select a shortlist, to include one finalist from each county. After that it’s back over to you for the public vote to decide who will be declared the Translink Ulster GAA Coach of the Year.
The winner will be announced on Monday 11th March.
Meet The Judges
Down GAA Senior Football Manager
Irish News Sports Journalist
Ulster GAA Vice-Chairperson
Ulster GAA Football
Terms and Conditions
- Nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a volunteer coach who lives out the volunteer ethos of the GAA
- Must be actively involved in coaching at least one team from any code, at any level, within their local GAA club
- Nominees also be willing and available to participate in PR photographs and other media profiling opportunities as requested by Translink
- The nominating period will open on 5th February 2024 and will be accessible through ulster.gaa.ie. Each nominator will provide a full name and explanation (max: 250 words) explaining why this person should win.
- Nominations must be submitted by 11.59pm Sunday 18th February 2024. Nominations after this time will not be included.
- Following the nomination deadline, an independent panel will then select the most deserving nominees to be on the shortlist.
- Once the shortlist has been announced, the voting phase will begin and the public will have the chance to vote for overall Coach of the Year
- Voting for the overall winner will open on Thursday 22nd February 2024 and close at 11.59pm Wednesday 6th March 2024. Votes after this time will not be counted.
- Only votes submitted via ulster.gaa.ie will be counted.
- To nominate your Coach of the Year, visit ulster.gaa.ie. Once the shortlist has been announced, return to ulster.gaa.ie to vote for your winner.
- Employees of Ulster GAA or Translink will not be eligible for nomination
- The overall winner will be announced on Monday 11th March 2024.
- Translink will offer the winning coach bus travel to a maximum of 10 away games for the team they coach. This must be redeemed within 12 months of winning the prize. One bus will be provided per game, which must be held in a ground within the province of Ulster. Travel outside the province cannot be accommodated. Translink must be provided with at least three weeks’ notice for each individual booking.