At an Ulster CCC meeting, held via teleconference, the following decisions were taken in relation to Ulster GAA fixtures.
These difficult decisions were taken in an effort to create more space in a tightening calendar, to allow our counties to make contingency plans for their respective club competitions.
- 2020 Ulster GAA Club Football Leagues – have been cancelled with immediate effect.
- 2020 Buncrana Cup (U16 Football League) – has been cancelled with immediate effect.
- 2020 Jim McGuigan Cup (Dale Farm Protein Milk Ulster Minor Football League) – has been cancelled with immediate effect.
- 2020 Ulster GAA Minor Football Championship – The competition was due to start with the Preliminary Round game between Derry and Cavan this weekend and this has been cancelled. It was also decided that this competition will revert to a straight knockout format and the draw will mirror the Ulster Senior Football Championship draw, below, to form curtain raisers, if, or when, it is deemed suitable:
(a) Muineachán v An Cabhán at St Tiernach’s Park, Clones
(b) Doire v Ard Mhacha at Celtic Park, Derry
(c) Dún na nGall v Tír Eoghain at Pairc MacCumhaill, Ballybofey
(d) Aontroim v (a) Muineachán / An Cabhán
(e) Fear Manach v An Dún at Brewster Park, Enniskillen
Dún na nGall / Tír Eoghain v Doire / Ard Mhacha
Fear Manach / An Dún v Aontroim / Muineachán / An Cabhán
Final: Semi Final Winners
- 2020 Ulster GAA Senior Football Championship – As per the GAA Press Release earlier today, the Senior inter-county championships, will be postponed until further clarity on the current situation is available. However, it is the Association’s view that it is highly unlikely that these will be rescheduled any time before the beginning of July, at the earliest.
Finally, Ulster GAA would again like to thank our members and units for their support at this difficult time and for continuing to adhere to the government guidelines.
Is mise, le meas,
Brian Mac Fhíobhuí
Rúnaí/Chief Executive Officer
CLG Comhairle Uladh