**Last updated on Wednesday 29th July 2020**
In light of the recent shutdown as a result of Covid-19 we have compiled a list of financial measures that may be of use to clubs from a financial viewpoint.
This page will be monitored and updated as the current shutdown proceeds.
- Player Injury Fund
The Player Injury Fund has now resumed but will not accept any claims which originated during the close period.
Public Liability Insurance is operational for all clubs however dressing rooms and indoor club facilities are to remain closed.
- Club Rates
- No rates charge for April, May & June 2020
- 25% reduction in total bill for 2020/21
- Commercial Rates deferred for March, April & May 2020
- This does not mean rates have been waived and those that can afford to pay should continue to do so.
- VAT registered Clubs
- VAT payments postponed up to June 2020
- All refunds/repayments shall be paid as normal by HMRC
- Making Tax Digital compliance period extended until VAT return periods starting on/after 1 April 2021.
- For more info: click here
- Revenue commissioners shall apply no interest or late payment charges for VAT for the Jan/Feb period
- All VAT returns must continue to be submitted as normal and late payment shall not alter the club’s tax clearance status
- All current Revenue debt enforcement has been suspended until further notice.
- Club Employees
- Clubs that have placed staff on Furlough prior to the 30/06/2020 can continue to claim up to 80% of wages capped at £2,500 until the end of August.
- Employers must pay Employers NICs and Pension Contributions from 01/08/2020 onward.
- From September government will only fund 70% of wages up to £2,187.50 with the employer making up the additional 10% with furloughed employee still receiving 80%.
- From October government will fund 60% of wages up to £1,875 with the employer making up the additional 20% in line with the above.
- Note that Clubs will qualify for the Job Retention Bonus of £1,000 for each furloughed employee who is still employed as of the 31st January 2021.
For more information see here: Click here
- The wage subsidy scheme shall end on the 31 August 2020. It shall be replaced by the Employment Wage Support Scheme.
- Clubs who can show that their turnover has fallen by 30% due to the pandemic can apply for for a flat rate subsidy of €203 per week per employee from 1 September 2020 onward.
- From more information see here: Click here
- County Financial Help
A factsheet for county boards can be viewed here:County Financial Help