How to host a Blood Donation Clinic
If there is a need in your area for a Blood Donation venue, the relevant Blood Transfusion Service will advise if your Club can assist. Read the steps below and contact them immediately to discuss how you can help.
- Step 1: Nominate someone from within your Club to be the co-ordinator of this programme. If your Club has a Health & Wellbeing Officer they may be involved in this, and the support of the Club Executive is important.
- Step 2: Contact the relevant authority to express your interest in hosting a session. They will advise if there is a need in your area and provide you with the necessary advice, support and materials to set up a blood donation clinic if appropriate. They will also assist you to support recruitment of blood donors in your area.
- Step 3: Talk to your neighbouring GAA clubs and other groups in the Community to promote the upcoming opportunity for Blood Donation. This is an excellent programme for Clubs to join forces on!
- Step 4: Continue to liaise with the Blood Transfusion Service to set up the Clinic. They will guide you through everything that is required to make the event happen.
- Step 5: Promote your efforts! Be sure to let Ulster GAA, your County Health Committee and the local media know about your plans to ensure maximum exposure of the event.