Participation opportunities vary across the age groups with county-based opportunities to play against neighbouring clubs. While we focus on the development of good movement skills in nursery, we can also encourage non-contact, non-invasion games to emphasise the movement skills as well as to start to embed the sports-specific skills (F1 – F2).
Participation opportunities are presented across Primary and post-Primary, Further and Higher education as well as club-based activity with inclusion high on the agenda, through GAA for ALL and Recreational Games. Many of the county based club competitions lead into a provincial competitions.
Opportunities To Play – Participation
- Club and School Go Games (U11)
- Junior Club and Primary Schools
- Juvenile Club and Post Primary.
- Further and Higher Education
- GAA for ALL inclusion Programme.
- Feile and Og Sport Programmes
- Recreational Games Programme
- One wall handball Programme
To engage with:
- Nursery and participation games opportunities – contact your County Games Development Manager.
- Primary schools – contact your County Cumman na mBunscoil County representative.
- Ulster Schools GAA (Post-Primary) – contact the Secretary to Ulster Schools – Seamus Woods.
- Integrated Schools programme – contact Football Development Officer – Tony Scullion
- GAA for All and Inclusion Programme – contact Provincial Games Manager – Jimmy Darragh
- Further and Higher Education contact – Third Level Development officer – Gary Mallon
- One Wall Handball programme – contact the Regional Development Officer – Shane McCann (East)/Paul Callaghan (West)
- County Academy Competitions – contact the Football Development Officer – Tony Scullion and Hurling Development Manager – Kevin Kelly